Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today's Meditation

Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way. But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.~ Luke 6:26-33

Lord, help me to obey you. Form me into the person you intend me to be. Give me the strength to live in obedience to your commands. What you have told me to do is so contrary to what my flesh desires to do ... I can only hope to obey through Your life in me. Renew your Spirit in me. For your glory, Lord. Glorify your name in my life. Amen.

No comments: